The Design Pataki Podcast
A show that deconstructs the Indian and international design world with leading industry experts. We aim to promote thoughtful and incisive conversations on design, art, and architecture. Hosted by Esha Gupta, founder of Design Pataki. http://www.designpataki.com
You can listen episodes under the area!
The Design Pataki Podcast is produced in collaboration with Studio41.
With the goal of introducing an international audience to Sri Lankan contemporary art, she established Saskia Fernando Gallery in 2009. This Colombo-based gallery is the largest contemporary art gallery on the island, housing two exhibition spaces and a private viewing gallery of over 300 works. Saskia makes sure to represent both leading and emerging artists and intends to create a sustainable future for the Sri Lankan art industry. A passionate patron of culture, Saskia is playing an instrumental role in putting the island-nation’s art on the map.
Here are a few things we discuss with her -
Up until 2017, she was the Chief Sustainability Officer at Jindal Steel and Power, one of India’s leading business conglomerates, making her one of the youngest top businesswomen in India at the time.
- What are some of the common misconceptions around sustainability?
- How can one distinguish between the myriad of terms like ‘green’, ‘fair trade’, ‘ethically sourced’, ‘LEED-certified’, etc which are often used interchangeably by brands?
- What are the common challenges faced by smaller firms looking to go sustainable?
Here are a few things we discuss with him:
- How can we merge both luxury and sustainability in the hospitality industry?
- How do we educate the hotel owners and developers on the benefits of luxury ecotourism?
- How can consumers and travelers be a part of the change?
From interviews with some of the most brilliant minds in the industry to features on inspiring spaces, our editorial approach centres on a thoughtful combination of Indian and international sensibilities. Through intelligent storytelling and unique perspectives, our talented editorial team is committed to establishing a connection between the reader and the world of design.
Know more at www.designpataki.com